I Love Crosswords - maybe that's odd to some people, but to me it's a real sence of satisfaction and a learning opportunity. After all I am over 60 - need to keep the old grey matter tip top.
So far I have made do with a dictionary to help solve the clues but now there are crossword solvers to help even more.
This new product by Franklin helps no end, it holds over 250,000 solutions from the Chambers Concise Crossword dictionary and Words Online including proper nouns and encyclopedic terms.
It solves anograms in seconds so you can play along to TV programmes and includes a 215,000 word thesaurus of related words and synonyms. It even has a phonetic spell checker.
All together a very useful piece of tackle for all Crossword buffs everywhere - you never know maybe the Times crossword may just be within my capabilities.
I can but dream on.
Friday, 15 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment